Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Declaration of Principle: 11. No one can save you, save yourself

Still waiting for a savior?
Still waiting for a savior?
The eleventh principle I commit myself to live by is he realization that I must save myself, because no one can do it for me. This means that I use the tools and principles of Desteni is my guide, but I must walk the path myself. We are here to assist and support each other in this process from Consciousness to Awareness/LIFE and what it means to live – but the process itself, where you are alone with yourself in your own Mind: is walked alone.

If we look at the basic tools of Desteni: self-honesty, self-forgiveness and self-correction, everything is about self. Only I can be honest with myself about what goes on in my thoughts, what emotions and feelings I am creating - no one can do this for me. If I do not allow myself to see the abuse and the patterns that I am creating and allowing within my mind and consequently in my living actions, then I cannot stop myself and correct my behavior and my starting point. No one can force me to change myself and who I make myself to be. It is really a simple point that we all understand: every one is completely responsible for self, who self is, what one accepts and allows. Thus any king of idea that some sort of a savior can save us from our own acceptances and allowances, is just a delusional idea, because it is practically impossible for someone to save us: we must save ourselves by changing ourselves and align ourselves to always work according to the Principle that is Best for All: Do not do unto others as you would not want to be done unto you. This does not just happen because we decided so in one moment. We have to walk a process of practical self.change that requires actual work and effort. There is no real quick solution.

The way I do this is as explained, through using the (Desteni) tools of self-honest writing, where I look at myself daily and see the thoughts that I am thinking, the emotions and feelings that I am creating and the living actions I am accepting and allowing. This way I see where I am being selfish, inconsiderate, egoistic, ignorant, spiteful or in some other way distracted by my positive feelings and other mind constructs that are not necessary and through which I create and allow abuse within myself and so in this world. Then I apply self-forgiveness on every specific pattern that I identify in my writing with which I release the point, take responsibility for it and commit myself to no more live the same way and to change myself. I write down the solution, the who I have to become as a solution that will be best for all and thus best for me as well. Then, after the writing, I make sure that I apply the correction practically in my everyday life. And this takes practice, because I lived a lot of the abusive patterns for a long time and so I have to learn to unlearn them and change myself in how I direct myself in such situations so that I am aligned with the Principle.

Many people may find it scary, that each one is fully responsible for oneself and that each one must save oneself, because no one else can do it for another. But when you really look at it without the emotions, it is quite liberating, because one is just dependent on self, meaning, we do not have to wait for a savior to come and save us, we can just do it ourselves, each one alone, but still each one helping each other as well when another is willing to receive some support through perspectives and experiences of others that have walked before him/her.

So, what are we waiting for? Let's save ourselves by being the change that we want to see in the world. It is not a quick fix or a magical solution, but it is The Solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment