Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Declaration of Principle: 13. Honouring the life in each person, animal


The 13th principle I am committing myself to live by is the principle of Honouring the life in each person, animal – everything from the great to the small of earth, that we expand our awareness and responsibility to creating the best possible life for everyone and everything and so ourselves.

In practice this means that I do not treat (ignore) others as I would not want to be treated (ignored) in their place. When I look at other people I understand that they are my "mirror", that their life is the same as my life and that we are all part of the same life, even if we perceive ourselves to be separated from each other. I understand that by harming another being I will actually harm myself and thus I will make sure that I cause no harm and that I support others the same way I would like to be supported. I will not judge people by their appearance or what they did in the past, I will not look at the beings of opposite gender as sexual objects, I will not look at people, animals and plants as just objects for my selfish desires, entertainment or my consumption. I will put myself into the "skin" of all living beings and make sure that I support them the best I can and not allow any abuse to happen to them, within practical common sense. Of course I cannot avoid walking on the grass or participating within the killing of animals for food, but what I can do is make sure that I search and stand for solutions that will minimize the abuse of living beings. I can make sure that I do not cause or ignore abuse of life where I can prevent it and so I commit myself to always make sure that I honor Life in all living beings.

Follow this link to see the full list of principles I am committing myself to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment