Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 189 - My emotional reaction to being scammed

Today I had an emotional reaction to some people who were pretending to collect donations, because I bought into it and then I realized what is really the case. I was scammed.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to feel ashamed and angry with myself when I realized that I was scammed and gave some money to people that were not doing what I thought they were. When and as I see myself feeling ashamed and/or being angry with myself when I realize that I was scammed - I stop and breathe. I realize and understand that I have defined being scammed as shameful and that I have perceived myself as not being able to be scammed easily and so I judged myself for it unnecessarily. Thus I commit myself to not go into shame and/or be angry with myself when I realize that I was scammed, instead I look at how I prevented myself from realizing what is actually going on and how I can be more aware and ask questions and make sure that I understand the situation and not just assume and believe what others say or how others present themselves.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to be angry at the people who scammed me and to wish/want/desire to get at them and make them pay for it just because I felt wronged. When and as I see myself feeling wronged and being angry at another when one scams me or tries to and wanting to make one pay for it - I stop and breathe. I realize and understand that I can simply stop my anger reaction by taking a few breaths. I also realize that blaming another for wanting to scam me is selfish as well as I do not really understand another's situation and circumstances that lead another into trying to scam others. Thus I commit myself to not blame the people who scam others and to instead put myself into their shoes and investigate why are they in a position where they scam people and then see what the best solution is for making sure that no one has to scam anybody in order to live in dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment